(Your shopping cart contains 76 items for a total cost of $31,924.33) View My Cart
Geovision DVR Remote Access Setup
Last Updated: 02/04/2009
The Geovision Digital Video Recorder and any other DVR can be setup for internet access (Webcam) by opening ports required by the DVR at the Firewall of the DSL Modem and/or Router. The port used by the DVR can range from port 80 to port 5400 or any number in between. The geovision uses Port 80 as the default, but can be changed if necessary.
1. Determine what ports are required to be open from the DVR manufacturer or manual for the DVR. (Many DVRs use more than one-audio, remote log, etc.)
2. Determine the IP address of the DVR computer
3. If you have a DSL or cable Modem, and do not have another router connected to the DVR, open the ports of the DSL/Cable Modem using Port Forwarding.
4. If their is a router between the DSL/Cable and the DVR, you need to open the IP address of the router in the cable/DSL Modem administration. Then access the Router's configuration, and Port Forward the IP address of the DVR.
5. If all fails, you can test the access by opening the entire DVR with DMZ at the router and DSL/Cable Modem(Wide Open access- only for test purposes)